Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Creature Comforts

I was planting roses out front on the trellis on Thursday night and went to clear off the ivy from the corner post of the arbor so that I could get it cleaned up and get some clematis planted and got QUITE a shock when I reached up to start hacking away at the ivy and a bird flew out right in my face! Seems a pair of turtle doves have decided that the ledge that the post sits on is a great place to set up home for their two little eggs. Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of the nest with the eggs. (I wanted to get out of the way so mom and dad could come back to the nest.) I checked again on Saturday and it looks like they're back on the job. Hopefully we'll have cute baby turtle doves before too long!

Turtle Dove sitting on her (his?) nest on the west arbor pillar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment