Sunday, March 8, 2009

Garden Tasks: Week of March 10th

8 Weeks before last spring frost.


No more waiting on seeds that don't come. I've gone ahead and purchased some of the must start seeds locally. I'm definitely going to re-think the mail order thing next year and will probably only uses them for hard to find items. Everything else I can really get here, its just not as fun as sitting around with the seed magazine in the dead of winter and getting all of the orders in place. Still, it doesn't do much good if the seeds don't show up in time to plant!


Other tasks complete this week:

  • Austen helped clean up all of the leaves that were used to cover the old beds.
  • We hung up a few of the garden wall plaques that came from Jason's house. 
  • I completely redesigned the bed layout giving more space and a more aesthetic appearance. (See the other post below).
  • I'm getting ready to set up another seed starting tray for all of the peppers and other week 8 starts.
  • I ordered the transplant pots and carriers and brought the wire shelf unit back over to the basement in preparation for moving to the potted stage.


0 comments:

Post a Comment