Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekly Update: June Week 1 - Back In Action!

So my best intentions of providing week by week updates on the garden progress have OBVIOUSLY been derailed by 12 weeks of intensive traveling for work, finishing my MBA, and doing a freelance costume design... I know... excuses, excuses!

I am actually going to try and get back into the swing of things and dedicate Monday nights (nothing on TV) to updating the blog... 

So for now... I'll just post a quick update and a bunch of photos to catch you up to speed....

Since last check in:

  • The four raised beds were completed (and filled with a custom soil mixture.... a process that took MUCH longer than I anticipated or ever dreamed!
BEFORE: (Last Summer)
AFTER: (Earlier this spring)
  • Everything survived the jumpstart in the basement and one very late frost scare and is now up and running...
  • Some mysterious force killed the rabbit that was threatening the success of my early starts... (all I know is I went out one morning and it was dead...)
  • The first harvest has come in... some radishes and lettuce...

  • The peas have outgrown the Pea-Tees (well tee-pees... but I thought I'd be cleaver...)
  • I'm now trying to figure out what I'm planting AFTER the first harvest... Somehow I missed that part of the planning process!
That's it in a nut-shell... more to come! Some photos on the way!


0 comments:

Post a Comment