Saturday, February 25, 2012

And we're off!

First sprouts for 2012 - Artichokes Started 2/10

The very first seedlings are up and growing for the 2012 garden! The little guys above are my artichoke starts. These little guys will end up being about 2 - 3' spiky wonders! It is hard to believe that they get their starts as such innocent looking little sprouts. I planted multiple seeds per pot because the envelop said that artichokes are notorious difficult to sprout and get good seedling but it looks like I have multiple sprouts in almost every pot. started these guys in 4" pots so that I don't have to re-pot before transplanting them.

Here's what they'll look like eventually:

Photo by ChapmanLA

This week I also started my eggplants and the first round of romaine lettuce and endive. Currently we have to shelves up and partially running in seed central  thanks to Jason's handy wiring project. My project for later this weekend is to tap into the water pipes overhead to be able to water everything without having to go up an down the stairs constantly with my watering can.





0 comments:

Post a Comment