Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekly Update: June Week 5


I really enjoyed being able to spend time out in the garden this week since I took the week off for vacation. This is the first year since I bought the house that I haven't had a major remodel project underway the week of the 4th of July, and it was really nice just to be able to relax and enjoy life! That said, I did find time for a small projects.

One of those projects was sanding and repainting of the siding on the front of the house which had been very badly eaten up by the salt spray over the past several winters. I ground everything down and give it a good fresh coat of paint. I also power washed the furniture and picked up a couple of new pots and some flowers to create some visual interest on the porch:


In addition, last Sunday I was surprised by a knock at the door and notified that the borough committee wanted to nominate our house for the 2009 Properties of Merit Awards! Very exciting! Voting isn't until September, they came by yesterday and put up the sign in the yard. The program recognizes the best maintained and cared for properties in the neighborhood in an effort to boost community pride and commitment to keeping the neighborhood looking great. More details later when the actual voting begins, but win or loose, its an honor to be nominated!


0 comments:

Post a Comment