Monday, September 28, 2009

New This Week: September Week 4

Well, it's officially almost the end of the main season for the garden. It's kind of shocking to be spending more time pulling things out instead of harvesting. It also visually arresting to see what has been more or less walls of green completely disappear. That said, I did manage another hearty harvest this week. The Kentucky wonder beans are still bearing. I was able to clean and freeze this big batch. The bush beans are done, but the KW's may give one or two more good size pickings before frost.

As you can see from the photo, the eggplants are still going strong, and the banana peppers continue to go like crazy. This batch was pickled up with some jalapeƱos to make about 2 quarts of pickled peppers. Yum. I now have a whole bag full of frozen habaneros, I still haven't done a single thing with them, but I'm thinking habanero ice cream? Jason also gave me a recipe for habanero bread pudding... sounds interesting... so we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment