Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekend Projects

A couple of my recent projects inspired by a few things I ran across on Pinterest:

Re-purposed Glass Birdbath.

Recycled / re-purposed glass birdbath. The bottom is an old vase and the top is an old cut glass crystal ceiling light shade. You can't really see it in the photos, but the shade has an embossed floral pattern around the sides. Picked up the pieces at the Salvation army for about $5 and a tube of clear epoxy from Lowe's. Total time... about 5 minutes. It looks great in the little bed off the back patio.


The leaning tower of berries....
Recycled / re-purposed pipe and wash tub. I got the idea for this from a photo online where they made hanging planters out of pipe for strawberries like those upside down tomato planter things... I just happened to have a piece of pipe laying around from the unfortunate sewer leak from a couple of weeks ago. I don't have any where to hang a pipe full of berries... so I improvised. I used a toilet flange on the bottom of the pipe and attached the pipe to a couple of extra pieces of lumber from the garden beds. Buried that in the bottom of the old wash tub (it already had a drainage hole) with a layer of gravel and stone and then added potting soil. It does lean a BIT to one side because the bottom of the tub was buckled, but it isn't that bad. Jason thinks the birds or squirrels will enjoy them more than we will, but I'm hoping! If I have to I'll coat the pole in Vaseline!





0 comments:

Post a Comment