Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ornery Critters

After banishing almost all of the groundhogs last year it seems we've moved on to a few other local critters:

Opossum
I actually caught this guy twice in my effort to catch the remaining groundhog. This is a photo from the first time when I actually let him go. (Or tried... he wouldn't leave the cage so I had to prop it open using the rock so I could go to work. I caught him again this past weekend and decided that meant he'd earned a permanent relocation.

Salamander
Found this guy in the big mulch pile when working on the front beds this past weekend. He was very squirmy. I moved him a bit closer to the creek which I thought would be much safer than leaving him in the pile and risk impaling him with my pitchfork during mulching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment